Friday, October 10, 2008

Let the weak say I am strong





Let the weak say I am strong,
Let the poor say I am rich,
Let the blind say I can see,
It's what the Lord has done in me.

Hosanna, hosanna, to the Lamb that was slain.
Hosanna, hosanna, Jesus died and rose again.

When I am with the Light of Love Class (service for people with mental disabilities) the lyrics to this song becomes real. We are all fractured and weak in our human, sinful nature. But there is one who is greater than us, who has gone through the worst in humanity's suffering, who has experienced the hunger and the pain of cold. Who received death as ultimate price in order that we might have life in Him. That is our God Jesus Christ. And I see that He does exactly that to us in the class each week. That's why I keep going back.

No comments: